Visiting Bread & Butter



My tweet ‘Hi from Berlin’ was pretty much the only sign of life you saw from me during our quick visit last Tuesday. Me and Janne were invited by G-star to see their show that evening as well and meet the creative team over at the Bread & Butter trade show.

The trip, that leaned more towards pleasure than business as we went along flew by way too fast but when we sat down with  Remco de Nijs - Collection Stylist & Rebekka Bach, Women Design Manager it became quite clear to me that this team lives and breathes denim. I even think they’ve developed their own denim language because I almost had a hard time keeping up when team got down to the details. I was talked through everything from fabric and color innovations to the famous 3D fit and was impressed with the in-house teams strategy of leading the way of denim reinvention and letting the seasonal trend develop from the core of the brand identity. I guess it takes quite a lot of dedication to be this, well, dedicated to denim and that is definitely not lacking from anyone involved in the brand.

After the fair and some light refreshment (see last picture) we saw the fashion show that included denim capes, spat boots and Michael Madsen - to name a few personal highlights, but more on that later.